Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

February 4, 2010

Time for a Smile

A simple pleasure that never fails to bring a grin on my face is to see my little ones running towards me whenever I reach home after work!

Little boy and little girl will race to me, and if the little boy touches me first, he’ll look down as Ethyl is taller, I will tend to kiss her first. After that, I will see the dejected look on Brayden’s face and I will hug and kiss him. Such simple actions from me is good enough to bring that happiness back on his chubby face.

What more can I ask for? Though marriage had been on the rock just weeks before, things seemed to have calmed down after we kinda chatted and sorted.

Happiness is something so transient. Seems so near, yet so far…I can’t really seem to embrace it.

Maybe I should see things in a different light so that I will be happier. Each of us has our expectations that we both can’t match up, but we are willing to accommodate.

I still love to see his bleary look when I wake him up in the mornings, love the way he hugs me before we turn in and enjoys looking at him driving. The perspective needs to be changed. I shall focus on those that I enjoy doing with him and put aside those that haunt me and kept us apart. Definitely not easy, but we are both trying.

I shall update some of the kiddos’ pictures IF I am free over the weekends. Else I will receive complains again for the lag in updating.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Communication and compromises is v.important in a marriage.

LZmommy said...

Things gonna get better for you Fannie :) Jiayou!