Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

October 6, 2010

Nurturing Responsibility

Just realized the title sounds like a parenting book title. Well, can't think of anything better, I am never good with titles anyways.

Getting a pet for them each is a huge decision to make in this family. Hubby was never keen in keeping pets as he fears that the kids' passion and excitement will wear off, and the responsibility becomes mine end of the day.

After we welcomed the two furballs home, I realized we had more topics with the kids. Like, Ethyl will chat with me on our way to and from school; Brayden will also ask me how are the hamsters, are they eating etc.

Quite a good decision to make to let them have pets. I am training Ethyl to change their feeds, take care of them etc. The bigger chores like cage washing, Hubby and I will take over. However, we will delegate simple chores to the kids, especially to Ethyl as she is older and is able to take on a bigger role with their Merly and Belle.

Great to keep pets! Both the kids are doing very well with the pets for the past week.

Well done children!

No comments: