Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 3, 2010

Encouragement Helps!

Encourage your kid(s)", is a repeated phrase and a reminder in almost all motivational parenting reads will encourage parents to do.

I, of course will follow as well, since I am home to help coach them out of school time.

Being home, I encourage my son to speak to me, asking him to repeat words after me etc. No, I am not worried about his speech development, for me, he is developing at a good pace himself. What I have to do is to help him reach his milestones so that he knows Mommy cares.

Every step to helping him is a fun learning stage. I started by asking him questions, he used to nod his head whenever he wants or answers "ÿes"to something, what I did was simply get him to reply me verbally and after a few tries, he started to answer me. Be it just a ÿes"or "no", I am contented.

If I were to ask him if the food he is eating is nice, he will nod and answer "nice". His answers are my "fruits of labour":)

Seeing him talking more everyday makes my decision to be home more worthwhile. It's a blessing and a joy to us.

No comments: