Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

January 12, 2010

Brayden's Day 1 in School

As compared to Ethyl's day 1 in school, this time, the excitement is defintely lesser and the eagerness and anxiety were like 50% as compared. Probably I have been there, done that, that is always the case with kid # 2 for most parents I guessed.

I was not able to witness his first day in school as I had mentioned earlier that I have no leave to clear anymore as I am leaving my current job in less than 2 weeks' time. I trust Brayden as he has been very independent and adaptable.

I entrusted the photography role to the doting jiejie, however she didn't take any pictures and her argument was, "Didi and I go to different classroom. I don;t send didi to his class, how to take pictures?"

Oh well, I buy that. I shall take a symbolic picture when I have a chance. That is for safe-keeping purpose.

Day 1 ended well. He cried occassionally, not because he is unable to find Grandma, but because teachers refused to give in to him! On top of this, he cried for a short while the his friends were dismissed and he didn't see Grandma.

Today's update is really heartening. He followed the teachers into the classroom once he reached school, even attempted to help teachers carry things and also followed teachers' instructions. No cryig or fussing today.

I hope he continues to behave this way. I do feel the slight guilt by not being with him on such occassions, I hope he understands when he is older.

He will have his first dancing lesson tomorrow. I hope he is able to enjoy as much as jiejie does.

1 comment:

blurblur said...

Well done, Bray!! :) Don't feel bad Fannie, you've already done alot for the kids!! I'm sure he understands.