Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

April 21, 2010

Now, She Loves Math!

I was hair pulling, struggling and in a tug-of-war with my little girl on her reluctance to do math. Not that I am forcing her, but she gets worksheets from school and those are homework that she needs to accomplish.

When she started throwing tantrums and telling me she hates math, she hates abacus...I began to seek for alternatives to help her. She had attended MPM math, no doubt a very good way to learn math at individual pace, I feel there is a lack of communication going on during the lesson. Something that is missing on the socializing with her peers.

When Janice told me she has a prep class for K2-ers that helps them progress to P1 next year, I signed Ethyl up hoping this time is not another typical enrichment class that will drill her with more worksheets.

First lesson that she had, she came out telling me she wished she had another lesson. Lesson 2, she told me, she will look forward to next saturday...this goes on till now, every saturday, she will be asking for her math lesson.

Since last week, I realised I no need to call out to her to get her math worksheet done. She will, on her own accord, finish her worksheet (without mistakes) and gleefully told me that she had finished it!

For the class, I was actually paying for something really valuable. A dedicated teacher, dedicated owner whom both work on the curriculum for the kids. The class has a nice blend of science, english, sensory, general knowledge and of course, mathematics.

This time, I am really glad I took the effort and time to send Ethyl for the class. She is benefiting from the lessons.

Learn more about Ethyl's class here.

1 comment: