Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

April 5, 2010

When M = Marriage

What does a stalk of flower mean to the wife at home? Many husbands out there do not understand, so does mine.

Marriage life has dulled and lost its luster and passion after being in it for on 8th year. So sad right? It’s not even 10 years and the love seems to have cooled off significantly. So, what does it mean to stay together in a marriage?

No worries, I am not going to talk about divorce. We are pretty much sorted on the unhappiness (mainly mine), moving on to putting in effort to build a stronger relationship as husband and wife. I believe in “happily ever after”, though I know there ain’t too many fairy tales in reality!

Someone noted that I seldom mention about my man on my blog for a while. The little mention about my unhappiness actually raises the concern on a fellow blogging friend whom I have never met showing concern over. I really appreciate the listening ear and concern from various people over that period of time.

Ethylyn has been very sensitive about the change in our behaviors during that period of time. In order not to affect her (which we unknowingly did), we “acted” and behaved as if nothing happened. Nowadays, when we don’t feel like talking, she would ask, “Mommy, Daddy made you angry again?” I really appreciate the way she shows her concern over little things that we adults overlooked sometimes.

If Hubby really makes me upset, She would always side me and chides Hubby for making me upset. She is such a sweetie. Having said that, it also dawned on me that we ought to look at how we adults manage our emotions in front of the kids. Many a times, we take it for granted that the kids will not understand. In actual fact, they do and their little mind is working big on everyday happenings.

I do hope my man reads this. Surprises does not cost much, a stalk of flower, a pack of my favourite dessert, my favourite food or even a small box of my favourite chocolate, I will feel good and loved.

Just like the simple bento I made her him in the mornings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Fanny,

You should read the book "The 5 Love languages". We all hv different expression and expectation from our partner. So will hv to work out the best way to express it! It works in both way :) Sandra @ Melb

MomsyWorld said...

Hi Sandra, missed out your PM yesterday as I was having dinner.

I have that book and has been re-visiting it lately :) Thanks dear :)