Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

August 6, 2011

What do I like about being a Mom?

Ethyl asked me this question this morning while I was combing her hair after bath. I was startled by this question of hers. Hence I asked why did she ask me this?

E: mom, do you enjoy being a mom?
Me: yes of course! Why ask?
E: Mom, you see...when the children are sick, the mothers are worried. Like me, now my hands are peeling so badly and even simple things I will need help. Don't you find it tiring?
Me: Well, that's about being a mom. Full dose of happiness, one dose of heartache, 2 doses of headaches, 3 doses or frustrations and endless doses of worries. A mom is around to support, to love and to guide. Be a friend, a shoulder and a ear. I get satisfaction when you do well as a person.

End of the conversation, she gave me a hug. She knew too well being a mom isn't a bed of roses. However, the consolation from this conversation is, she understands that my role as a Mom is not a breeze to begin with.

All I have hope for the kids are for them to stay healthy, happy and positive.

Love you both + our budding buddie :-)

No comments: