Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 6, 2012

Middle Child Syndrome?

Before M was born, many friends around us would highlight to us to watch out for B's change in behavior and emotional needs. Simpy put, they meant Middle Child Syndrome.

As usual, the worrywart me went scouring through the web trying to figure out the signs and syndromes; coupled with a few suggestions those online experts may suggest to help the middle child overcome this phase. In my mind, I always wonder - will this MCS eventually fade away with age?

Nearing the middle stage of my second trimester, B suddenly refused to go to school. He would be clinging, and tugging me whenever I sent him to school Why so? I always ponder. He used to love school so much!

Such behavior didn't last long. I credit that to my consistent show of love and assurance to B, with the aid of the school teachers who are so encouraging and explained to the class on what to expect when you have a new sibling.

The centre supervisor as well as the teacher updated me consistently on B's reactions on the new sibling topic. I count my blessings on this.

M came soon after. I had already prepared EB (well, E was able to understand better than she did 4 years ago this time), what to expect and that I will be away for that few days after M's arrival.

Everything went on smoothly for us. I am thankful for the sensible children I am blessed with.

Even though it was a smooth journey for the past 4 months (and counting), I will constantly remind myself and hubs that we need to show a lil more for our only son. At the same time, we shan't neglect the girls in any way.

Tough job huh? This is part of the challenge in parenting!

No comments: