Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 5, 2012

Moments...

With E...

In a stage where we call tween, this firstborn of ours is really a gem despite the monstrous moments wrapped under that dainty-looking skin.

Mid year results were released 1 day prior to term break. It was like a moment more exasperating than I was receiving my own report book eons ago! I remembered acting cool while E hopped on the car. I (still trying to act nonchalant) asked,

"So, how was school today?"

E: "Great! Mom, I got back my portfolio....(and she rattled on)..."

I was still trying to act cool.

"So, it's just your portfolio and all the DVD that records your presentation that you managed to score full marks?"

E: "(continued ranting on...)....Mom, there is also my report book."

FINALLY! That is the thing I was trying to find out.

"Oh?! So, how do you think of your results? Are they acceptable to you? (C'mon, I mean GRADES!)

E: "I think you may be disappointed."

Suddenly, the 2 minutes drive home seems too long! I probably looked flustered.

E: "Mom, are you alright?"

Me: "Baby, what makes you think I will be disappointed with your grades? Are they very bad? You didn't do too badly for your tests."

E: "I think I have 2 band 2." 

Parking the car took me 4 tries that day. I simply couldn't park it well no matter how hard I tried.

Quickly pulled the car, and E showed me her report book. My heart is thumping unusually fast in my mouth!

Me: "Hmm...Baby, you get all Band 1! And all in the 90s range. What Band 2 are you talking about??"

I can see her eyes lit up! 

She confessed that she did not really go through her scores in the report book. All she did was flip through and kept it back in her bag.

Yes, grades are important to a certain extent. Afterall, we are in a society that looks at numbers and alphabets. What I always emphasize besides grades is their attitude towards learning. That will see them through their lifetime, while better grades probably put them in a better ground when they begin their career.

She hopes to join the best class, i.e. 3A next year. I will be around to render my utmost support to help her fulfill her needs.

Around B...

My ever so cheerful boy! 

This boy melts my heart, always! He is always singing his love, saying the loves and showing his love to me. What more can I ask for?

He loves his sisters. Loves everyone around him!

We realized he is more expressive verbally nowadays too! That is probably the aid of the speech and drama classes that he has been attending beginning of this year.

B, at 4 years old aspires to be a chef and also a pilot. Let's see how long these 2 ambitions lasts for him.

Our M,

No doubts about it, she is apple of our eyes. 

All of us surround her daily, as she has such a cheerful nature just like B when he was this young (He still is now!).

She is another motor mouth in the making. She coo day and night, and during her milk feeds too! Haha...

Bliss, is surrounded by all my three darlings, basking in their laughter and nonsense (at times).

No, I ain't complaining. I LOVE such moments!

No comments: