Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

September 18, 2008

Comfort and Challenge

"Mommy, I love you...you are a good Mommy"

My 4yo-to-be said this to me about 2 weeks ago. Yesterday, she said this again! I asked, "Am I still good when I scold you? Do you still think I am good when I beat you?"

She nodded, "Because you want me to be good, that's why you scold me, beat me and we cry together..."

Awfully sensible to me!

This is the comfort. Am so glad that I am very much appreciated and she assured me of my efforts are not wasted.

Brayden brings me comfort too! Though he seems closer to Hubby, he still needs me to coax him when he is cranky. He'd feel more calm when i carried him to sleep.

My challenge these days were to keep up with my milk monster's appetite. He now drink 170ml to 180ml. A drop less and he'll not sleep.

My supply dwindled quite a fair bit these days. Probably due to stress and hormonal changes, I really am working very hard to keep up with the pump and his sudden growth spurt.

Adding brown rice cereals to his milk is also not enough to kwwp him full for at least 3 hrs. He'd be asking for more. Mom was saying she wanted to try and cook some porridge for him to try since he is very very enthusiastic in the food we eat.

Am contemplative. He is just 4.5 months and isn't this too early? But he is constantly hungry! To make things worse, this little monster DOES NOT take formula milk. Give him formula and he'll rather not drink his milk. He is one tough cookie!

Anyways, I am working doubly hard to keep up with his demand. Not easy, but I'll continue to try...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I think its ok to start him with the porridge at this age since he already tasted the drumstick.

My mom use to start the babies on porridge when they are at 4months. Also due to their demand of milk and always fancy us on what we eat.