Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

September 6, 2008

My Kids...

are my laughter, my joy and my heartache.

Before I update, I used the rod on Ethyl. She binged on tidbits before dinner, and was rude to Hubby and raised her voice so loud when we were back home and startled Brayden.

She kept pestering and kept repeating the same words to me when I was busy...Already lack of sleep and was drained because Hubby had to work and was only back home this morning. Struggling with them both and challenged my limits...

Today, I lost it with her...meant to update on something sweet, but am feeling so guilty for doing this to her. I am lousy, not a good Momma...






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi fannie,

i know you are very busy lately, adjusting to a whole new lifestyle with work, family and house hunting in process. Just to say, you are doing your best as a mom already.

using rod on our kids does not appear to be nice, but i have to admit my hubby did purchased it before to discipline our girl even though we never use it before on her. We kept it away and everytime we reach our limit, somehow we control ourselves.

the only tough measure i use so far is spanking her on her leg or hand using my own hand, so i feel the pain too.

sometimes it is good to walk away and keep silent while we cool ourselves down completely before taking any action on them. Especially as they grow older, i find that they get alittle rebelious and try to challenge us too. Right now, i am facing the same issue with my girl during meal time war or bath time, i try the soft approach by talking nicely to her and distract her with something.

HUggies to you.

blurblur said...

Hugs...you're already doing a great job as a mummy! We all know that!

We are just human beings, we too have our moods...just don't be too hard on yourself, Fannie.

Anonymous said...

with 1 kid, our patience already abit stretched, now with 2, plus work, it is quite understandable that we will lost control of our emotions more often.

plus our first born is at an age that they tend to push their luck a little further. ur description of ethyl reminds me of declan. they behave exactly the same way.... so you are not alone. i beleive i lost my temper with dec more often than u do with ethyl

melissa said...

you are not alone and i lost control on elvina too. its not easy coping with 2 and work, but i dun support the idea of using rod. we do not know and have no control over the strength when u use a rod, at least we know how heavy you are on her if using our own hand. if we can feel the pain on our palm, it is double on theirs i guess.

i hope you are better now, and do take care. sometimes soft approach might do a better job than going it hard. Hugz~