Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

August 11, 2010

After a long oven hiatus...



I stepped away from my oven after the excitement of owning one faded. Upon Ethyl's nagging, of which I really admire her perseverance, I stepped into the kitchen and meddled with my baking utensils once again with Ethyl as my lil baking assistant.

Brayden called me "cooking mama" as I baked. That was how he relates baking with that game.

I tried the same recipe before and it was yummy! But this time, I had to do it twice as it was burnt the first time!

The momentum to bake seems to be creeping back and I am looking for my moulds (Brayden played with all my kitchen stuff and kept them in his secret hiding place) for egg tarts. I hope to bake Portuguese egg tart (I found one recipe that I think will taste good).

When will I start baking cookies??

Ingredients:


180gm Butter

180gm fine sugar

2 large eggs, beat lightly

250gm cake flour

1tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp biocarbonate of soda

220gm of mashed bananas

50gm whipped cream

1/2 tsp banana essence

2 bananas sliced (can change to some walnuts to be placed on top of the cake)


Method:


1. Cream butter and sugar till light and creamy

2. pour in eggs gradually and beat till creamy (i split the mixture into 3 portions)

3. Add in whip cream, mashed bananas and banana essence - mix well

4. Add in cake flour, baking powder and biocarbonate of soda and mix well (mix only for a while)

5. pour mixture into 8" round tray (i used a bundt pan instead) and arrange bananas or walnuts on top

6. Bake at 175C for about 55 to 60 mins (mine cooked in 30 mins at 180C) so please monitor. when i left in round tray for 45mins, it's burnt!

No comments: