Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

August 15, 2010

Phonics Helps!

Brought Ethyl to LCentral at Bedok for an assessment yesterday and she can gain direct entry to their "Success PFS" program.

I sat through the assessment with Ethyl, am very impressed that the little girl could read so well. Just because she has been doing her role dutifully, I always leave it to her to read by herself these days.

I saw her read the various passages and witnessed how she blend the difficult words together using phonics, a skill she acquired from school and with little teaching from me.

The phonetic sounds was perfect. She never really underwent enrichment in this area and I am proud she does well.

If you ask me what is important for a pre-school child, I would suggest we focus on foundations like phonics for the kid. As they grow older, they can progress to different enrichment that suits their needs.

No comments: