Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

September 2, 2010

Humph! Not Fair!


A pet phrase of Ethyl these days.

This three words, especially the latter two makes me pull my hair and cringe my face. Why so? Just because I grew up with my two other sisters and we always shouted "not fair", and was denied by Mom and Papa.

Taking my not so good experience of "not"fair", I have reminded myself umpteen times, I have to thread on this thin line with extra care.

Many times, I reminded myself I need to explain to Ethyl and Brayden why I did something to one but not another. Even so, there are times when the hormones go haywire and I simply lose my patience especially when Ethyl kept asking and protesting why she has to give in.

Brayden is a little too young to shout these two words, more of Ethyl's feelings I need to take care of. She is a very sensitive child, thus such emotional issues are pretty tacky.

I used to make up for the "unfairness" by getting her something she likes or give in to a reasonable request from her whenever she has to give in. I didn't tell her, I just do it. Until lately she kept saying I was unfair to her, I told her a few scenarios whereby I "treated" her with something else that Brayden doesn't get.

This took a while for me to explain, but of cause, besides giving in to her request or a "treat" is something I have to manage. I explained to her, if her behaviour is undesirable, her "treat" shall be forfeited.

Such "treats" are important notes to me. Only when no tantrums were thrown and complains from her, such treats will take place. Meaning, her reaction to the "unfair" treatment is the deciding factor to decide if she deserves a treat from me.

Being a kid, she tried her best. Not smooth and no tussle all the time though. We tried and struggle sometimes. Tears were shed...and I do see improvements coming along the way as I repeatedly explained to her the reason behind it.

This is one of my KPI for this year. Who says SAHM (cum WAHM) is a simple job?!

No comments: