Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

February 8, 2012

Decision Made Right!

On Saturday, 4 February 2012 I made a decision to bring forward my visit to my ever so caring OBGYN.

Her call to me on Friday to check on the discomfort of the scar tenderness and reassurance gave me a lot of comfort.

The constant discomfort, sleepless nights and a nagging thought, I decided I shall just pop by to the clinic.

Chatted with Dr Choo about my predicament, followed by a sonogram that revealed that the dehiscing of my scar is pretty obvious. We discussed and weighed the risks factors involved and decided to take the steroid jabs to enhance the lung development of missy as she will be likely born a preemie.

We did the CTG that did not pick up any fetal distress or some sort. That was a relieve.

Sharing the news with our family is the next thing to do. We had lots of encouragement and understanding from most. Old folks were not understanding of the situation and passed caustic remarks, I'm really disheartened.

However it is, Hubs is still very encouraging. The steroid jabs does hurt, but it's something superficial comparing to the well-being of lil missy.

"the consequence can be catastrophic"

What Dr Choo said kept replaying in my ears. My maternal instinct tells me "wait no more".

I brought forward my visit again. I went to see Dr Choo on Monday. We did the necessary scan, CTG and had a discussion again. I told her my decision and we decided "let's not wait for things to happen!"

The next few hours happened in a flash. The next thing I knew, I checked into TMC and was ready for C-section.

What happened no longer matter. She is safe and healthy. We made a right decision.

When both Peads and Dr Choo visited, they said we made the right decision. She could see Missy's hair against the thin lining when she cut open my abdomen.

She is a preemie. Albeit a healthy lil one. Doing fine and well...

1 comment:

Vyvy said...

Great that both u and baby are doing fine.