Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

February 9, 2012

Number Chase Starts Again!

Years ago when I had both Ethylyn and Brayden, I know I will want to breast-feed.

It's so natural in me as I know this is part of motherhood and a natural responsibility that mother nature endows us mommy with, why should I not do it?

This time, nursing a preemie had a whole new meaning.

I knew someone from Facebook who has an experience with preemie and selflessly shared her experience with me on her 32 week-old preemie. She motivates me and gave me lots of confidence. I tell myself I got to be positive and brave to face this situation. Only myself can set an example to my children and show them what a mommy can do for their lil ones in different situations faced.

The recovery of c-section is slow. I told myself, "mind over body" I must have the determination to nurse Mikaela, as colostrum is something so precious.

I started expressing only on day 2. It was like a mere syringe of 1.5ml. How pathetic on my first try. I was not disheartened. I pumped again...

It was slightly better in my second try. More than 1.5ml but lesser than 2ml.

Yet again, I am not giving up! The wound is still hurting, I decided to rest well so I can get on with my breastfeeding the next day.

"I will do it 3 hourly!" I encouraged myself. It means lesser sleep as rest, but here I am, doing my mommy's duty every 3 hourly.

Nope! It is not tough. This requires some getting used to. No big deal.

Pump! Pump! Pump!

Now that after a day's effort, I see an increase close to 30ml in a day's effort really boosted my morale!

When the nurse came and said Mikaela finished the EBM which was more than what the peads suggested, I was thrilled! All the effort is worth while!

My only wish is that she will be well and come back home to us soon.

No comments: