Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 6, 2009

Shall We Make It 5?

My nick on Renotalk is familyof4. The cluster comprises of Hubby, 2 kids and of course yours truly.

I am playing with this thought with a wee bit of fear actually. I love my kids, one person says I have beautiful kids, why not have more? BUT....all my buts and what ifs.

Hubby was telling me that Mom wanted me to drill a hole and install the sarong at my new place which I am not too willing to. She said something that I missed, and Hubby filled in for me. Mom said, "what if you have the third kid?"

This possibility ever crossed my mind. Having said that, we will try and prevent it from happening.

Today, Brayden went for review with Dr Tang. He, for the don't know how many times encouraged us to have another as we are still young. I told him I am not ready both metally, physically and financially. He looked at my Prada frames, Gucci bag and said, "just live simply".

How to live simply when I already am living pretty simply? The little indulge that I get is like only once every few months. The education fee that we are saving for them now might not be sufficient as the standards of living keep soaring.

Well, I digress. It is true that I want my kids to also be able to join the dance classes, singing, dancing, music, swimming and abacus. All these are lesser of academics. At least at this age, I want them to enjoy the different activities provided for them at large.

Ethyl's new school will be having music classes, speech & drama (Eng/Chinese) and art. We are signing her for swimming. She requested for ballet classes, which I am also letting her have a try. All these adding up with her fee and expenses, it can easily add up to a 4 figure amount.

This is taken into consideration that Brayden is going to pre-school next year. He will not have many classes for the time being. Bearing in mind that we also have to set aside a sum for emergencies like medical expenses and some unforeseen circumstances.

Currently, I think we will stick to 2. Am giving ourselves another 2 years. By the time I turn 31, if we feel we still can manage financially, we will most likely have another monster. Since our new place is bigger than before. Having said that, provided Mom still feels that she wants to continue helping me. Else we will just have to stop at 2.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I agreed with you that nowadays the standard of living keep soaring.

Believe in your thoughts and plan well. I'm sure all will work out well for you and the family. :)

U indeed very young, only 29 and already gotten 2 beautiful kiddo. So envy you. :)

LZmommy said...

Fannie,
We planned to stop at 2 then but look at us now :) you are still young so you can consider it at a later stage :) It is indeed very 'expensive' to have too many kids.

Jan said...

it's awfully nice of your mum to extend her hand helping you with the kids but ultimately, you will decide if it's time to have the 3rd, go with your heart....:)