Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

July 28, 2009

Discriminated Because I am A Mom!!!

I used to be very happy working here though work may not be the best, working envirnment not conducive enough and lotsa nonsense, the marketing team and the boss really works together as a whole and we were really happy to help one another through all the nonsense out of our department.

Ever since the management changed, my boss is faced with lotsa problems. He shared some, but most of it, he kept to himself. We can feel the tension, and he tried his very best to protect our welfare and tried to help us grow our portfolio. He is good. No doubts.

One fine day, he announced he is resigning which was near christmas but the person taking our him is his right-hand-man. She knows how we work, what we are good at too.

The team consists of myself and a mom to be plus 3 others who have yet become a mom.

The 2nd boss also cannot take the nonsense, she resigned in April. The new guy came...and our nightmare begins.

To cut the story short, we still do our work, though we are unable to get a long very well with him, we still meet datelines.

One fine day...he went to someone and pour his "woes" to her saying it is very hard for him to work when the team consist of a Mommy aka me and a mom to be.

I am already having plans when he joined, but this kind of discrimination makes me want to get out faster!

I was so upset and angry that I told my ex-boss. He said he didn't have any problems before, why is he having a problem now??!!!

Probably he can get rid of all of us and recruit new people so that he can fashion them to suit his style. Just wish myself good luck!

11 comments:

blurblur said...

It's really disheartening to know that there are still people out there with such stupid discrimination!! :(

MomsyWorld said...

Yah lor Eileen...sigh...both my colleague and me are really affected!

reen said...

fannie,
it happens to me as well...remembered? i told i got this lady boss who simply can't wait to get me out of the team, because i have a family...whereas her staffs are all single like her.

i was not encourage to be preggie at all and therefore i am pretty upset over the kind of environment i am in that time.

cheer up, i am sure there is some place where we are being appreciated.

MomsyWorld said...

yes maureen, i remembered ur case too and u were really affected. Sigh...if not for my bosses who left, I would have been promoted this year after our appraisal...too bad...what to do???

Since he thinks i can't work, I'll make him work more!

ZMM said...

In an MNC, you can probably report him to HR for sexual discrimination.

mamaseah said...

this kinda boss damn idiot lah!! Is he marrieD? got children!!

i've got an ex boss who has got 5 ladies in his ops team and they went on maternity leave one after an another and another of his colleagues team got 2 ladies on maternity leave at the same time and these bosses got no problem with that. they just arrange for duty coverage and everyone else just chip in and help....

Move on fannie.

MomsyWorld said...

Agnes, my HR is a big sleeping mountain...CMI!!!!

Ivy, I am planning for myself...hope to be able to get out soon too ;)

MG said...

sad to hear that. is he married with kids?

yl said...

此地不留人,自有留人处。。。别为这种人坏了自己的美丽心情。:D

MomsyWorld said...

MG: he is single, heard he is attached...

Yes YL...I will move on! this is for sure!

Ericia said...

I am facing the same situation. My team is a group of single and available ladies who can work till wee hours. I leave on time is because I get in to office 30 mins earlier and left my workplace on time to fetch my boy and most importantly I complete my work. I have a superior who told me NOT to have a 2nd one on the 1st month she joined us. This really gets on my nerves. She will never understand because she is not married and have children like us... Same applied to my boss who think that work is everything...

Move on Fannie... The pasture outside is greener...