Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

October 26, 2009

About the Kids

Being with the kids these days really brings much joy to us. Hubby and I spend really quality time with both our 宝贝 (Ethylyn) and 臭臭 (Brayden). Seeing them running around the house, dancing to the songs and music, laughing and mimicking the cartoon characters are really pure bliss!

Brayden seems like a late bloomer. He can’t really speak at this age. He does blabber a lot, but nothing really proper comes out from his mouth. I am not worried. I believe he will speak some day. Once in a while he will say “EEE” this refers to (eyore), he will say “too-doe” (oh-too-doe when mickey mouse needs tools), he will shout “hurray” when we sing “If you are happy”.

He likes music and movements a lot, just like Ethyl. The siblings have been our entertainer. They will be singing and dancing a lot and especially our clumsy ball, he looks clumsy when he dances. We were really amused.

Ethyl was tasked to read books for Brayden once a week. My intention is to nurture her patience in handling her little brother and learning to take on some responsibilities. Probably I have indulged her too much previously. There were a few occasions when I see her school bag lying around and her worn clothes were still sitting in her bag, I would pick up the bag and took out the clothes, gently remind her to do it by herself the next day. This happened several times and my words simply didn’t register in her head.

Once, I flared up and threw her bag on the floor, took her clothes and wanted to throw in the bin. Since she doesn’t treasure and was not diligent in taking responsibility of her own belongings, why should I bother? From that day onwards, she would clear her dirty clothes and put her bag in place whenever she comes back from school.

Not too long ago, I told her she has to prove that she is capable of looking after Brayden is she wants her little brother to go to the same school as her. Since then, she has really proven she herself to be a good elder sister who really knows how to take care of her brother. SIL commented that Ethyl is capable of watching out of her brother and taking good care of him when I deposited them at MIL’s place on one occasion, when both Hubby and I needs to attend a wake. She has done me proud.

Initially I was still fiddling with the idea of having one more addition, Hubby is pretty reluctant though. Looking at me adorable pair, I think with or without an additional one, I will not regret having just the both of them.

2 comments:

blurblur said...

Kids bring so much joy to our lives right? :) Ethyl is such a dear sister, I think you can afford to have another one or two babies..you're still so young! *wink* :)

MomsyWorld said...

Eileen, I will be 30 next year already...and Brian will be 5 years senior. He does not wish to have a kid after age 36...and financially v siong to have 3rd one :p