Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

October 14, 2009

Our Adventure Book

Shy to say, my lazy butt has been on my comfort lounge for too long. It is finally time that I start doing my job as a Mom, a teacher and learning partner for her.

I have dedicated my evenings for her. A maximum of an hour on getting the materials online, preparing the teaching materials a week in advance, and next she will get to start to surf online for information twice a week, and each session will last for 20 minutes.

We went to Popular to get the materials and books few days back, I started letting her keep a diary, an attempt to start her on writing proper sentences and creative writing.

I got her a jotter book with an empty cover to let her creative juices flow.

Photobucket

We worked together on the theme this week - herbivore. This particular assignment is actually in line with the theme in school.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

This is the simple assignment. I am planning for a trip to the library this weekend and borrow some books related to this theme and we will do a small project for her to submit to school when the assignment is due.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Next assignment is carnivore, followed by omnivore. Currently I am cracking my brain for her chinese homework as well. I hope we can help create a funlearning environment at home.

10 comments:

Cow said...

why the sheep don't have head? and the cow has square legs..?? @_@||

MomsyWorld said...

have...just tat she drew it very faint and small...

all her animals has square legs...she is lazy to draw :S

LZmommy said...

Fannie, you are so hardworking to do all these with her. :) I wish I have the energy to do it too ;)

MomsyWorld said...

LZMommy,

U have 3 kiddos and you are doing so well too! Since I am working, I had to make up for the lost time with with them...am planning for little boy too...I hope to share once I have a better plan.

mom2ashley said...

wow...i feel sucha lousy mama after reading what you do for ethyl :P Good job!

blurblur said...

You made me feel so ashamed, Fannie... :P That's a very well plan learning path for Ethyl!!

MomsyWorld said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MomsyWorld said...

Dinah and Eileen...please don't feel that way. I really neglected on their teachings (esp for Ethyl) and am pretty reliant on school to teach them and I realised recently how easy it is for us if i were to spend some time with her on her work and learning. She came back this week with her math (no mistakes at all) and I do see her eyes sparkles in joy and fulfillment...initially she thought math is a chore when she kept getting mistakes and kept asking me when is the class going to end...

I am glad the little spent made her more confident of herself and her work. We will, still be trying to spend more time on teaching her and learning together with her...

jean said...

Wow, Fannie, u are doing very well..for a working mum, u are amazing!!! Ethyl is blessed to hv u as her mummy..

Jan said...

wah....you very very FEI XIN SHI...which is very very good....now I feel I am not doing anything with RayAnne....:(