Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

October 28, 2009

On School and Siblings

Several things happened lately. Mom is planning to work part time, i.e. on weekends when she need not look after the kiddos. Well, we very much wanted her to rest, but she insisted that she is too bored and rather go out and work. We had no choice, let her be.

Next, my plan for Ethyl to go to a new school is brought forward. Unexpectedly, I received a SMS from the bus driver that he will stop sending the kids to her current school from December. I had a quick discussion with Hubby and started to make calls to both the current school and the new school that Ethyl’s going to be enrolled into. Made some arrangements on paperwork, and things were all settled in morning.

Further to settling the main issues, I discussed with Hubby on Brayden’s schooling plans next year. I wanted to let him start at the same time with Ethyl; however, both Hubby and Mom were against it and felt he should start in March. After much thought, I decided that I shall oblige and he shall start in March whilst Ethyl shall start in January.

I told Ethyl the decision on withdrawal and the new plans for them next year. She was pleased and said she can’t wait to be able to go to school together with her brother.

She has three months to adapt to the environment before Brayden joins, and she will then be the peer of her brother and help him blend into the school environment.

Aside from this, she told me last night that whenever she misses Brayden, she would look at her communication book. I asked her, why look at her comm book, and she replied, “Because you wrote Brayden’s name inside, so I will look at his name whenever I miss him”. This little girl’s eyes turn red and teary…oh, I see the love she has for the brother!

2 comments:

jean said...

nice and caring jie jie she is!

Jan said...

she is so sweet! :)