Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

November 12, 2008

Preparations

Preparing for the somewhat last minute trip for the whole brood seems a challenge.

Making sure that we bring enough for the baby, having enough for the kids and my old boy to wear, ensuring that I am over prepared for this trip and all the nitty gritty are more than enough to keep me busy after work!

Hubby always needs to do his "mouth work", and I will do the ground work. He'll say, "Ok, my leave's approved" and he can safely throw the baton of preparing and planning to me. I am the one looking around for hotels getting feedbacks from people who brought kids with them to HK and check out on airfares, hotels, places of interests, dining and of course, SHOPPING!

I am now planning to shop online for the kids (winter wear), however I do not want to overspend as they are growing, and our next winter trip will only be next year end. Ethyl may still fit hers, but Bray will definitely outgrow.

Set my eyes on a pair of boots and now, I can buy and wear during the trip!

Besides all the fun things to do, I also have to ensure our passports are valid. Ethyl's needs the photograph changed, applied for Bray's passport online, Hubby and mine are both valid.

As this is our family's inaugural trip, I want to make sure that both Hubby and myself will on a really free and easy 5 days' trip.

Since we have Brayden along, I do not wish to compromise his meals. I told Hubby this will be our first experience, I am bringing his slow cooker along and food warmer as well. He enjoys porridge, and no matter what, I'll cook something for him to bring along on our shopping and sight seeing.

No prams with us this time, we will bring along our carrier instead. I am not sure if I want to lug my lappy along as I know Mom will miss her 2 grandbabies heaps when we are away!

Mom said why not leave Brayden behind, I objected. I knew she meant well, but I do not want to leave anyone out of this trip. Though troublesome with a baby in tow, but I'll not enjoy if he is not with me.

So, this trip is going to materialise! Yippee!!!

6 comments:

blurblur said...

I can feel your excitement...happy for you that you can finally materialise your trip!! Enjoy preparing and happy shopping for winter wear!! :)

Michelle said...

wow.. Enjoy ur trip with the kiddos. I believe it will be fun.

Can't wait to see the photos!!!

Anonymous said...

wahh bring brayden??! very brave!! good luck good luck! if it's me i'll definitely leave kenji at home :x

Aces Family said...

hi Fannie,

I am a friend of Jean and has been reading your blogs.

This topic brought back fun memory of HKG so tot i share a little with you.

1.Do book a Hotel stay in Disney Hotel becos it saves time travel to and back. Also wz infant and Tod in toll, easier to have rest time.

2. Fyi, HKG restaurants are not children friendly, so having meals may be a challenge esp with an infant in hands. (Their food is superb...hee : P)

3. Kowloon side is more reputatble for shopping/food, unless you are talking about high end products. So you may want to consider Kowloon hotels for your city stay.

Last but not least, I know Ethyl will LOVE Disney..like my girl did too... : )

Have a good family trip.

cheers,
Astee

Cow said...

Haha! with mummy along think it will be easier to handle Salmon.

Glad that she is willing to join the trip because i think she will be very happy to travel with her Grand-naughties.. Buahahah!

MomsyWorld said...

Hi Eileen, yes...am so excited and the preparations can be pretty tiring...

Hi Blessed couples, thanks :)

Hi Ivy, now that my mom is going, we'll have another pair of helping hands :)

Hi Aces Family, disney hotel is full...i hope that we'll enjoy the food.

Goo...yes, mommy is going after much persuasion