Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 8, 2010

Ethylyn joins Tuition Guru to Learn Math

There has been some concern that I have when faced with coaching Ethylyn in her math. To me, it is fundamental to build a sound foundation on this subject that I really dreaded as I didn’t have a solid foundation and had a hard time struggling with this subject back then.

Math is essential, it is part of our daily lives, BUT…how to teach and coach the little girl without losing the meaning of learning? I was pretty lost and a little depressed that both of us got upset over the drilling of worksheets she has as homework from school. We all hated it, but that is her homework, she has to do it.

I once asked Janice if she has any programs for K2-goers as a preparatory course as it is much easier for our kids to be taught by others instead of ourselves as emotion may rule our head more than anything else and makes learning lose its fun.

Her only session for that age group is full and on a weekday which I can’t really send her there. However, Janice came up with another class with and I am glad she kept me in mind and put me in the loop for the new class. As an educator, I am sure Janice and her teacher will know what is better for the kids and how to make learning more fun.

Both Janice and her teacher came up with an integrated program for the kids in order to prepare them for the assessments in school.
I will update the lessons as we move on. The first lesson is starting in term 2 and Ethylyn is already looking forward to the lessons! Oh, did I mention Janice’s centre is called Tuition Guru?

No comments: