Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 21, 2010

Her First Math Lesson

Ethylyn started her lesson with Tuition Guru yesterday. Before she went for the class, she feel uncertain if she will enjoy, will teacher be nice, will she be tasked to do very difficult sums etc. All her concerns were redundant!

We were late for our first lesson as we were caught in the jam (due to the rain!). Nonetheless, we were greeted by a pretty and kind teacher when Ethyl went to her class. Her eyes sparkled when she saw her peers were doing some art work and asked softly, “Mommy, is this art class?” I replied, “No” and she was warmly ushered into the class by Teacher Natasha.

This 90 minutes wait for us ain’t too long. Hubby, Brayden and I were shopping around United Square while Ethyl had her lesson. When it’s time for us to go back, I can see from Ethyl’s expression that she totally enjoyed her lesson.

The art work I saw them doing was to cut out various parts of the bee and recite a poem, coupled with counting and spelling of the numbers. This approach I believe is to be creative at introducing them to the numbers and Ethyl’s much dreaded dry spelling drills that she gets from me at home (most times).

Little girl is definitely enjoying her lesson! She told me she hopes there is another class as she totally enjoyed herself and feedback that Teacher Natasha is a very kind and nice teacher. She presented her bee to me proudly and started reciting the poem on our way back home.

1 comment:

Cow said...

I taught her maths until she cried coz i was too fierce... She couldn't conentrate when i teach her the maths homework lei... Think she need peer pressure to make her do well..