Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 22, 2010

My First (proper) Attempt - Bento

My official attempt on bento making starts today. I have been preparing breakfast for them (and Hubby helped many times too), but those are just putting the bread, food in the lunch boxes and much to rave about.

This time, I bought many new bento tools to help me come up with some nice and lovely looking food for the kids.

It ain’t really easy when it comes to bento planning for Brayden. I will share why.

Planning for Ethyl’s been pretty easy as she is able to feed herself and has been very independent.

Photobucket

Today’s breakfast, bread rolls with sausage and cheese, strawberries, and gummies.

Brayden is still not very good in terms of self feeding. He can do it, but there will be accidental spills once in a while. Not too bad, but I do not wish to add on more chores for the teachers in school, thus I prepared something simple for him. Oh, did I ever share that Brayden is a “bread-boy”? He loves bread for breakfast, lunch and dinner and supper??
He likes bread without spread or fillings; he loves fresh, plain bread.

Photobucket
Brayden’s bento contains molded bread and gummies

Photobucket
They are packed and ready to go!

Photobucket
Hubby's bento contains wholemeal bread with tuna mayo, strawberries and sausages

2 comments:

jean said...

like i told kelly, i really admire mummies who make bento for their kids... and you are one mummy whom I admire...family and working.. wow not easy.. but you make it all happened! well done, fannie :-)

and how did you make that car shape on the bread?? you apply something on it and press on the bread.. sorry I am totally clueless when it comes to this.. hee.

MomsyWorld said...

Hi Jean, hee...it's just outta my little bit more of love for them :)

I used the rice molds and just press the mold against the bread to make that. It makes plain bread looks more appetizing :D