Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

July 30, 2010

Mom, is this a sacrifice?

Ethyl asked when her classmates and herself are discussing about their stay-at-home-moms. There are only 3 girls in her class, coincidentally, all Moms are SAHM.

Probably during discussions someone mentioned about scarifice, hence she popped this question to me.

Why am I doing my best I can for my kids? Simply because I put myself in their shoes; I don't get enough of such attention from my Mom.

Sad ya?

2 weeks ago, I actually laid on the bed thinking to myself, what are the important transisitons that Mom accompanied me? Hmm...it took me more than 20 minutes to remember ONE - my first days in P1. As I was typing, I suddenly remembered, When I was in P3, the orientation when we changed to a new school.

So, what is sacrifice? I told her, I am just doing my best for her. Creating an environment that hopefully both herself and Brayden will thrive in my care. Simply because they are my kids, and I do not that this as a sacrifice.

No words exchanged, just a hug from her after hearing what I said.

She is growing up so fast...she will soon be in P1. I hope she will understand the efforts I put in in time to come.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Raising your OWN kids is NEVER a sacrifice. Its an act of love. Its not charitable, it comes naturally. Well said and well explained to your girl. I've been blog hopping and checking out other mum blogs, love yours. I'm a newbie!! SAHM too and although it's painful at times, its definitely not a sacrifice!!!!

Aces Family said...

Hi Fannie,

Like you, i was a latchkey child during my school days and i knew how it felt. This was the reason why i choose this path too...hehe.

I guess bottom line - they are our children and who else can be a better caregiver than our ownself.

It's more Satisfaction than sacrifice when you see how your child grow & become a better person each and every day.

MomsyWorld said...

Thanks Mommies :)