Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

July 20, 2010

Where is the school for us?

Tell me I am too fussy and particular. Shouldn't I be especially when it comes to pre-school education for the kids?

The current school Ethyl goes to, I found them pretty disorganized for a while, but kept quiet about it till I really couldn't take their nonsense today! How can they shift lesson timing and didn't inform me (I am not sure about other parents), only when Mom went at 12pm to bring Ethyl lunch, then she was told there is such a change?

Is this acceptable to you? The Principal said to Mom, they forgot. Well, this is pretty unacceptable to me from my point of view.

Brayden had an incident whereby his wound (at the back of his head where the operation was) was bleeding after school not long after he joined. I checked with the teachers and principal, apparently no one knew about it. I asked if he hurt himself, they were not sure either. As Brayden is also a very active child, I do not want to shift the blame nor point the finger and be someone so unreasonable, I close one eye since it isn't something to major. I also made a point to remind the teachers to keep a watch out especially the back of his head.

Next, his water bottle went missing. A brand new bottle. Follwed by he was scratched blah blah blah...no one could give me a good answer when I texted them to ask about the incidents. I know kids tend to play a little rougher...but as teachers, shouldn't they try to keep a watchful eye over the kids, especially those in playgroup?

Today's "miscommunication" is the last straw. I had enough of such disorganized pre-school. My decision to pull Brayden out and see how things goes seems pretty right.

Academic, though important, the environment, teachers'committment and the overall general health and cleanliness is equally important. I have seen them going into their classes without health checks. I have seen them ending their classes about 20 minutes before they are due for dismissal.

At the beginning of this term, I noticed a few new faces as well as some students withdrew from the school. One parent shared with me on how she felt about the school and decided to withdraw probably next year. She reaffirms my doubts on a few matters. Is the school over promising? In both our opinion, yes!

I went to the other school today when we passed by the PD's clinic. I walked in with Brayden to check out the school. The principal seems kind, how they conduct their classes also seems so similiar to Ethyl's MMI at ten mile junction. I quite like it. The focus on their curriculum is also ideal. At least I don't see self-praising and hardselling there.

A discussion with Hubby is needed. Though he is seldom involved in such matters, at least I would orefer he understands why I feel a school for them is so important.

No comments: