Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

January 8, 2009

She Really Did It!


She came back with her spelling book yesterday. When she told me hers was full marks, I was quite happy about it. I know she does put her heart and mind in everything she was told to do.

As you can see she did erase "Sam" several times. When asked for the reason, she said, "Because I wrote wrongly and I erase away and wrote correctly".

"Is it because the teachers told you to do that?" I asked

"No lah! Mommy, I know I am wrong, so I erase. Teacher only sit there and say the word."

Impressive! I hope there is consistency in her spelling tests.

Besides this, she can also write some Chinese words after a week of schooling! K1 makes a real difference in their learning. Can I be boastful and says she is actually quite smart? I hope we won't take things for granted and hope she can be humble.

Next week's spelling words...she remembered them in less than 5 minutes. I seriously think phonics helps her alot in her reading and now, spelling.

2 comments:

LZmommy said...

Ethyl is definitely a smart girl :)
Yes, I do agree phonics helped alot.

blurblur said...

She's really smart! :)
Damien tends to mix up the 'c' and 'k'in phonics. :X