Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

January 3, 2009

The Start of K1

Being a schooling child when I was young, I need a change of school bag, school shoes, stationery, uniform etc. No exception for Ethyl as well. This year, the difference is, she will not have a new set of U as we are moving to the east in a few months' time.

I got her a new school bag. She wanted a bag with wheels...oh well, I gave in to her request despite Hubby's objections.

Last evening, I was trying to dish more information from Ethyl on what is in stall for her in this new year. Her comminication nook has 3 sheets of paper (for parents) to inform us on what is she expecting to learn, what is she expected from the parental participation, and of course...the learning process for K1 in preparation for K2.

The most shocking "news" of the evening was there'll be a weekly spelling test! Oh...I had wanted to start spelling tests for Ethyl quite a while ago, but am unsure if she is ready. The school is starting and I gave her a quick test when she told me, "Mommy, I can already spell the five words, you can test me."

Impressive! Let's see on Monday if she gets all of the 5 words correct!

2 comments:

LZmommy said...

I'm sure Ethyl must be very excited being in K1!
I think most school has spelling test from K1 and Ethyl is such a smart girl, she definitely has no problem with it :)

Happy New year to you and all at home :)

blurblur said...

That's great, she's got good memory!

Damien's pre-school doesn't has any spelling, so I got to really drill him on that area on my own...