Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

August 5, 2009

No Eating & Drinking On MRT, Rubbish!

MRT was not much of an issue for me when I stayed at Bukit Panjang. I don’t take trains as it is so convenient that I can take buses to my destinations. After our shift to Pasir Ris, a train ride is a daily affair for me.

For myself, I have an impatient toddler who wants to drink milk when he feels hungry. One may debate; feed your baby before the train ride. Well, who can anticipate if the baby is going to ask for water or even for toddlers? Why is drinking from water bottles not allowed too?! This really baffles me. MRT train ride in Singapore is so UNFRIENDLY!

We ought to approach the staff on the train when we need to feed baby water and milk? We are not dirtying the place, why should we allow any chance to make our children fuss and receive darting stares from the fellow irritated commuters with something which we can avoid?

Those who ate laksa, nasi lemak or whatever on the train is too much, I agree. Drinking water from water bottle also not allowed? Feeding milk also not allowed? Why so stringent?

Seriously, this is really causing inconvenience to commuters. Maybe one fine day they can also engage a staff on buses to patrol and catch those who eat and drink on the bus. So unfriendly public service!

4 comments:

aNt0wN said...

So Unfriendly rules!! No drinking & eating in the train even for baby?!! Rubbish!! I called their CS they say it is the parents problem. Parents should feed their child before taking the train!

We can also tell them we did not eat & drink! We are chewing & swallowing only!

Michelle said...

Oh.. so it means its true then.. We thought that is only for adult but it also ruled for the baby and kids.

I agree with you. How can they determine that when will the baby be hungry wor.. isnt that telling us that with those with babies better dont take public transport??

Aces Family said...

Hi Fannie,

There is always 2 side to a coin. So i think it's not easy for the Public transport to bent their rules.

There are parents whom are considerate and there are those who are not.

So imagine the whole cabin full of baby bites droppings on the floor and milk/water spilled on the seats.

So at time we really have to view it from a different perspective.

I have nothing against parents feeding their toddles/babies in Public Transports, as long as they exercised discipline.

Just sharing my view - i takes MRT daily to work too...: P

cheers,
astee

Anonymous said...

Well, for me, I don't care - hydration for my kiddos is more important to me. I still offer plain water (in water bottles) to them occasionally during rides and while waiting for trains. So far, nobody has stopped me (who is so free seriously?!).

Personally, I think plain water and milk for young babies should be allowed, provided parents exercise responsibility in ensuring area is kept clean. But I draw a line at drinking other types of fluids and eating food.