Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

August 31, 2009

We Survived our Sunday!

My immunity seems to go on a little strike that I am not feeling well, and it has decided to make me feel giddy after coughing for many weeks and my flu didn’t get better too.

Nevertheless, I didn’t want to spoil the fun and quality time I have with the kids over weekends and especially challenging for me when Hubby has to work on Sunday, leaving myself with 2 power house alone.

Ethyl’s swimming lessons are on every Sunday. I didn’t want her schedule disrupted when the Daddy needs to work, I planned and design the day in a way that the schedule goes on and I can manage the kids alone without any help.

To keep my sanity, I have decided to let Brayden swim as well while Ethyl has her lesson. This little one loves water play and the best way to keep him busy and not cranky; I had to let him have his fun.

We woke up early on Sunday. Ironically, it was not too hectic a morning! We woke up, lazed on the bed and played for a while before I pick my lazy arse out of the bed and started packing.

Most of the stuff were packed the previous night, I just threw in some snacks for them both, water and little boy’s milk and we were ready to go!

The sky was overcast and I had a feeling that it’s going to rain cats and dogs. Tried persuading Ethyl that we should not go to the pool, but failed! She insisted we should go since she didn’t want to miss her lesson. As usual, I hate to disappoint, so I went ahead.

We quickly got ourselves in the pool and both of them had great fun! We were there 30 minutes earlier, and played while waiting for Ethyl’s class to start. At almost 10am, it rained. Boy, it was a really heavy rain. Little boy didn’t fret this time when I carried him out of the pool. Think he understands what it means by raining and we should not continue swimming. The coordinator also said, lesson cancelled as they want to close the pool as the downpour was too heavy.

GREAT! Though this is not within what I had planned, we were all fine. Next is bathing, the real challenge. Since Ethyl is able to bathe herself, I settle Brayden quickly, made his milk and get ourselves ready. By the time he finished his milk, Ethyl is settled and eating her bread and looking after him (in his stroller) while I bathed. She will help me feed Brayden and played with him while waiting for me. I am glad she is such a great help!

The kids didn’t fail me; both were well behaved when Daddy was not around. I am looking forward to bringing them out alone for shopping trips or even outings by myself, with friends or even my sisters when Hubby is not available.

A little bonus of the day for me…Brayden finally called me Mama a few times! He is seldom generous in calling me, but he did that yesterday! I am really happy for that!

4 comments:

blurblur said...

Well done, Fannie! :) Ethyl's really a great help! :) Sometimes I feel that the boys can bahave better when the daddy is not around..hehe.. :)

jean said...

get well soon, fannie!
aah...it;s not an easy task to bring 2 kids out and u had done it...well done, my friend!
u r really a wonderful mother to your children.

Jan said...

You certainly deserve a pat on your back for a job well done dear....

And Ethyl as usual is a loving and wonderful jiejie...you raised her well dear...:)

MomsyWorld said...

Eileen, Jean, Jan, i have to agree that Ethyl's a great help on that day, I am really glad.

I am looking forward to going out with them again soon! haha...this time, NO help if i can too...