Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 11, 2008

First Tries

Hubby knew I was disappointed and upset with him for not helping me when I am sick...I was knocked out by my cough mixture, and it really keeps me drowsy till morning.

I gave him the cold shoulder and refused to talk to him, and reply his sms-es. Very childish hor? But this works on him. I just need help at night cos I really hope to recover soon. I didn't dare take the cough mixture in the day fearing I'd be too drowsy to look after baby, thus I only took it at night.

Came back home yesterday, without me asking, he did lotsa chores. I somehow felt better upon seeing his sincerity. The iceberg started melting and I started to strike a conversation with him.

He really took the initiative to wake up at 2ish to feed baby while I was still groggy from the effect of the meds.

A good start...hope it continues.

Another milestone for me...I looked after my 2 kiddos myself! Ethyl seemed much settled since yesterday. She began to listen to instructions and helped me a little with the chores when i need her help.

I hope this continues...else I'll become a wicked mommy who kept scolding my cutie girl.

6 comments:

LHS said...

hope you feel better now..
men,sigh..sometimes really have to give them some "colors" haha

blurblur said...

I guess everyone is adjusting on having another addition to the family, and you're doing very well already, Fannie! :)

Ya, men need lotsa pushing and nudging before they 'wake up their idea'...haha...:P

Priscilla said...

Hey Fannie, glad things are working out. But one thing I learn is to keep the line of communication open, never stop talking. Honestly, husbands will usually help out if we "spell" out to them what needs to be done. They might not do it the way we want, or jump onto it the minute we ask, but the main thing is as long as they do it, then just let it be. Man responds differently to woman. And I have noticed that men might not like to do the housework, but if you ask them to play, bring the kids out so you can some time off, it's usually easier for them to accept.

teni said...

he is so sweet u know. men r not on auto mode when comes to chores n babies but the fact that ur hub made the effort, took the initiative shows how much he loves his family esp his wife!!

its not easy to run a household wo a maid ya and u r doing v well oredy. dun give urself too much pressure ok. i guess all of u needs some adjustments to do, incl sweet ethyl!

teni said...

btw, thats from me. :)

teni

wtpgRR said...

Glad that things are turning well now. Take it easy my dear.. esp now u hv 2 kids. I always feel that u r a super mom..full of energy.. can do so much for the children & family.. but now u hv addition member, addition attention to divide.. really not easy. and u r actually still on confinement.. so relax abit & reat well.