Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 10, 2008

Oh, So Negative

Feelings were mixed, all negative. I felt angry, upset, pissed off and helpless...

I am sick. Coughing my lungs out, nose blocked, and the infection on my throat is making swallowing really tough for me. Requested Hubby to apply for leave to help me yesterday and also to bring Brayden for his review. He did, but he was not much a help to me.

I tried to be very appreciative to have him touching here and there, but somehow I just felt that he is doing it for the sake of doing.

"After u see a doc, go back, take your meds and u sleep ok?"

This was what he said. In the end, when little boy is still waving his arms in the air, and I can see he is also tired...he asked me "how to make him sleep?"

Told him I usually pat him to sleep at noon, an easier way out for me so that when he dozed off, I can do some housework or even feed my tummy. He asked me to carry him and pat him to sleep when my meds took effect on me. Of course I refused! I told him what's the point of having him around to help when the HELP is only a mouth exercise?

He had no choice, he had to pat our little guy to sleep.

Night feeds were more tiring. I took my meds, but I still woke up and feed him. He, sleeping like a log, and was still sleeping when Bray gagged himself and was choking...Luckily I walked in and quickly shouted at him. I was furious at that moment. How can he sleep like a log when the baby is still not fully recovered?

Really didn't like the way he handles things. I need to remind him constantly to change baby's diaper, do this, do that...he NEVER do it on his own accord. I was upset that I ever said something like that, "Why must I keep repeating things that you need to do everyday? Can't you make my life easier?"

I really do not know what I can do to make him more "sensible" in a way...I am tired, really tired...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself Fannie! *Hugs*

blurblur said...

*hugs* i know what you mean...don't be too hard on yourself, Fannie...

LZmommy said...

Hi Fannie
I do understand what you mean... Like what Blurblur said, don't be too hard on yourself. Things will get better as time goes... Take care...

Anonymous said...

you've been working too hard for the children... take good care of yourself at this time... your kids need you... *BIG HUGZ*

Michelle said...

Fannie, I can understand wat you mean. Which i also face tis wif my hub (even without a baby).

Take care of yourself. Guys are like that de. But at least he still do it arh right.

Anonymous said...

hi fannie, like what the rest said, most men even when they r daddies r like that! my hub also never helped! once when joshua temp reached 40.1 at 3am i woke him up to go A&E, but he refused to! i was heavily preg with joash then, so i tried to sponge him and do all sorts and thank God temp went down. if not he would surely get it from me in the morn!!!!

u must cool it ok n take care. mommies r the last person who can fall sick.

teni

Anonymous said...

i think ur hubby still care for u and he usually keep quiet, right?

guess what? my hub is even worse:(
if i said those things to him he'll shout back at me saying he needs to work and put food on the table unless i wanna shift place with him and go out find money:( :( and continue saying "u really do not know how fortunate u r just staying at home do nothing"

for yr info i live in a double corner lot house with a bb gal, no maid or part time maid and have to do every housework and take care of bb by myself without any help:(
friends always comment my hubby is fortunate cos i managed to keep the house clean and neat but hubby don't seems to appreciate me..haiz..

so u r really luck already to have a caring hubby and family help:)

take care.

lili

Anonymous said...

Hi Fannie,
Take it slow and easy ya. Easy for me to put this sentence in few words. But this is what you need to.

When a woman becomes mother, she can do anything without being taught to, just natural instinct. But man is different, not all man has the natural instinct just like a mother.

Sometimes, they need to be trained to do certain things like how to take care of an infant or even todd.

The process may seems weary esp when u are not well and little boy is not well too. With a little patience and gentle training, I am sure Brian is able to help you.

Take care, the children need you.

*BIG HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Hi Fannie,

Most daddies behave that way. I guess they do care, juz that they hv no "mother's instincts".

I rem my hubby telling my MIL, baby slept thru the night - which in fact I've fed baby thrice & he dun even know... =)

Valencia said...

sigh.....its a man's thing, I think. Take it easy, focus on his good traits and just have to let go off the rest.

Sometimes when I think about it, it can be unfair for them too. Some chores to us are like second nature and we can handle it with our eyes closed. Imaginge if we have to tackle things that are thier second nature like bulb changing, tyre replacing, solving the IT needs at home, hooking up wires etc. Some of us maybe able to do these but not everyone. WE do need to give and take with our hubs. Or rather we need to give a lot and just learn not to expect anythign to take. sigh....man!