Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

August 5, 2008

Seeing Them Grow

There is something thugging my heart...I forgot to record something for Brayden.

This little boy, "suffers" more than Ethyl. He had jaundice during his hospital stay when born, had to undergo blood tests and photo theraphy. Poor boy...When they made him sleep on him tums, he tried to crawl and was crying his lungs out...

As this op itself inflicted huge pain on me, I only managed to walk and see him in the nursery on the third day to see how he was under the light. I teared...My tears flowed without control...Mom and Hubby just looked at me and said nothing. Yes, nothing...I'd rather they say nothing than say the wrong things and made me feel even worse.

All because I had GD, he had to get a blood test done at birth (ouch), then jaundice and he had to take 2 more tests. But because he is a boy, it makes the pain lesser. I always tell him boys should be braver as they need to protect the girls.

Now, seeing him thriving on Mommy's milk, always sending us his mega smiles, it really brightens my days. Both Ethyl and Brayden are our sunshine. The rays and vibes ever so positive and joyful.

Hubby and my days were never boring with them around. Whenever Hubby came back from work feeling tired (I can see from his eyes), he'd be smiling and playing with Brayden and Ethyl...he must have felt good seeing his darlings after a hard day at work.

He is improving on his role as a Daddy now...Will we improve our roles as spouse as we are too kids centric? Let's see how...

3 comments:

Irene said...

don't be too kid centric. Make sure you focus on your relationship as husband and wife more. Kids thrive of the love btwn mom and dad!

And good job. Bray is very cute and I love Ethyln's generous doting on her little baby brother.

Rachel said...

Hi,
I am new to your blog. Congrats on your little one, he is adorable.

My marriage suffered quite a bit when my little one arrived. It takes even more effort now to be able to spend time together, esp when it is tiring after looking after the child.

It helps to think about why u married the guy in the first place and not all becos of procreation.

Anonymous said...

hi my dear friend,

long time never stopped by your blog.. oops :P

ur blog ever so interestin.. how i wish i can do it more often. am lazy ya. hee hee

can understand how u feel when ur kids are sick and you cannot do anything but see them suffer.. its really heartbreakin.. but that's a growin phase for u and ur kids.. oso dun bother abt others' ppl opinions and comments. u will be happier ya.. :)

am sure you and your hubby will play a good parentin role to your lovely kids.. jia you!

cheers,
sok tee