Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

October 29, 2008

From Scribbling to Writing

This is written by Ethyl under my supervision.

Her school has started to give the kids homework to do over the weekends. I was not really supportive to the idea, but later on thought it was a good idea as it helps her get used to doing homework and prepare her for the primary school.

The inital assignments were just to reinforce the writing of the 26-alphabets, it has evolved into writing the days and now, in short sentences.

I didn't hold her hand anymore, what I did was to sit beside her and tell her "No, not nice, erase and re-write", "Hmm...don't you think this can be written more beautifully?", "Do you think you can do better than this?, "Write the same words closer, next word with one finger spacing please." etc.

Here I am, proud to announce that her work looks great to me for a 4yo kid.

And here she is, always out of her own initiative picks up a paper and a pen/pencil and starts writng words she knows. She can now spell Monday!

Her birthday request is also simple, books for her, no toys. This is my girl. I hope her passion in learning never stops.

5 comments:

Cow said...

she said she wanted bag but she already have a new one.

Michelle said...

wow.. she got a very neat handwritting.

Anonymous said...

well done, Ethyl!

LZmommy said...

Ethyl writes so well :) Well done Ethyl and mommy too :)

Anonymous said...

good girl....she writes well!!! :)