Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

October 29, 2008

Decision That is Not Easy to Make

Though a little reluctant and guilty to make such a decision, I have decided to gradually stop feeding my little monster breast milk.


Boss was asking if I am ready socially to take on new tasks to expand my portfolio and goes international. Of course I am more than glad, but that also means travelling and increase in workload.


The reason why I do not reject is because I hope to do something for myself. I know I am no super mommy who can juggle that well; but since I can have Mom's support for now, why not? But I lay my cards; no extensive travelling for me.

He agreed and passed me 2 very nice place for business trips.

Anyways, this is not about my trip, but the decision for me to stop breastfeeding.

I am reluctant to stop now, but my shoulders are aching from lugging the almost 4kg bag to and fro. Also, due to the busy schedule, it is inconvenient for me as well.

However, tried feeding Brayden FM, he had allergic reactions. He had hives after drinking Enfa. He doesn't want to drink Friso, and also refused Similac (at least he drinks a bit w/o allergic reactions) today. So how to stop feeding?

I will still try my best for him. In the meantime, will gradually let him get used to FM. Tough decision, but still...my supply has really dwindled so much because of work stress and lack of sleep. When can he sleep through the nights?

3 comments:

Priscilla said...

Hi Fannie, have you tried soy based baby formula? My first child was allergic towards normal forumla. So I spoke to my dcotor then and he suggested a soy based formula milk for JD. He took it for 6 months. Then when he was 12 months old, I introduced the toddler cow's milk formula to him and he was fine. So, speak to your doc, and ask for alternative.

melissa said...

felt a little pity that you have to stop.. but then, 6 mths is still better than none.

from what i know, u should mix breastmilk with formula in a bottle and then gradually switch to total formula so that baby will not reject because of the taste difference.

and so they said, HA (Hypoallergenic) formula milk tastes more like breastmilk and is recommended for baby with allergic reactions to normal formula milk. so far i know only Enfa & Nan have HA milk formula. elvina was on HA during infancy.. but frankly speaking, i tasted her HA milk before and it’s yucky.. but for the sake that it’s HA, she has to drink it :p

Anonymous said...

I feel for you dear but will support you whatever decision you choose to make....jia you!!!