Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

October 11, 2008

It's a Choice


It is very much a choice when it comes to breastfeeding. I dread lugging the almost 4kg bag to work daily which consists of the pump, and cooler bag. It is so unglam to lug that huge bag along and walking down Orchard road.
It is a choice I made. Recently, I have been contemplating if I should just forget about breastfeeding as my stress level is rocketing and I need my sleep badly. The struggle within myself is not that great, because deep down inside, the benefits of Brayden downing the precious Mommy's milk is more important to me.
The fact of him not liking formula, on top of which, Mom's reluctance to let him have formula are the 2 push factors that keeps me going.
I have been wanting to go for my gym workouts. Since I am located at the heart of the shopping belt of Orchard, I have many choices of fitness clubs within reach, and I really want to look fit and fab.
I guess there are times for fun and play. Brayden is only a baby once, and giving him food the Nature's way is not such a bad thing afterall. I'd just have to bear with the weight of my "milking" bag and get Hubby to massage my aching shoulders every night.
Since he is turning 6mo this month, my first target is met, I will set the next target at his 9th month.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must have been hard on you... I understand what you are going through as I breastfeed Jerick till he is 8 months old and the stress we are having as a working mum...
Keep going Fannie! :)

Anonymous said...

Cute chubby brayden. =)

Anonymous said...

what?? he is 6mo already?? that's so fast! and he is growing quite chubby. good job good job

melissa said...

keep going fannie.. you will definitely be able to make it. :)

Anonymous said...

Don't push yourself too hard dear.....when it's time to let go, just let go and you don't have to feel bad about it.....there is never a right time isn't it. I remembered those time when I was still breastfeeding the kiddos, certainly hard and tiring work!

Am sure Brayden will want him mummy to have her rightful rest! :)