Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

October 13, 2008

She is different!

This is a good change, and quite a significant one. In fact, it is good to see such a change in my precious girl. She is more open to conversations with people she met and probably this is due to the recent outings/gatherings I had with friends and colleagues.

From what I have observed, she is more readily to voice out her thoughts. She is always doing so, and lately, she’ll actually think before telling you her thoughts and explain why she is thinking this way. It’s always great to have her share her piece as it is easier for me to understand her feelings and find ways to communicate with her more effectively.

As usual, she is proactive in her learning. She’ll pick up her poetry books and flip to those poems that she already knew and would recite them over and over again. She’ll take pieces of paper, or stand in front of her easel, write and doodle or draw. She never fails to amaze me with her new learning.

She is always hungry for knowledge which I am facing a problem catching up. On weekends when I do not have to work, there are tonnes of housework and a demanding baby to look after that I’ll just throw her a book for her to practice her writing, counting or even reading. At times, she’ll say that she is tired of those materials and wanted new books. I tried to find, but I can’t really find books suitable for her.

Just yesterday, I bought a K1 Math book for her. Simple addition and subtraction, she has a brief concept when I tested her on the spot to assess if that book is too difficult for her. She impressed me.

When I have no time for Brayden boy, she’ll help read alphabets and teach Brayden phonics sounds. Her dancing, singing and even jumping would let her brother smile and react with excitement. I can see how much this little boy adores his sister.

Though she is sensible, she is still very much a child. There are times of misbehaves and tantrums, however we are learning to give and take. Her memory is awesome, she remembers why she was punished and will try to avoid having the same unpleasant incident from recurring.

I have set a goal for myself. This objective is to guide Ethyl and groom her the way she ought to be groomed. With her interests in mind, I hope to work out with Hubby something that will benefit her in the long run, and hope that we’ll be able to teach her to show empathy to people who are less fortunate. Since baby sis is on voluntary work, I will try and bring Ethyl along and let her contribute to the society.

There are so many things I can do to help my kids. Other than achieving and focusing on academic excellence, I want them to be show humanity to people around us. For optimal results, we, as their walking examples should also practice what we preach.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is amazing.....and that is all because you taught and raised her well dear!

And I do agree with the that our kids should know how and when to show empathy to the people who are less fortunate and letting Ethyl tag along with your sis when she does her voluntary work is a fantastic idea! Keep us posted on the outcome and Ethyl's tots ok?

Michelle said...

She is just a daughter which everyone like me will want. You have done a great job as a mum.

Going for voluntary work, that's great!

Cow said...

Not sure if you know this or you missed it out. She is learning times table now... She took fat boy's times table sheet and read it out loud to me yesterday while i was ironing my clothes.

MomsyWorld said...

Oh...i am just reciting to her sometimes back, but i stopped le...
if that's the case, maybe i'll just by the times table chart at home and she'll be reading from it.

MomsyWorld said...

Ladies, I didn't really teach her much. She has the initiative to learn that's all. And I realise she can write the days from Mon o Sun alreaady :) I merely guided her...her school did an awesome job!

blurblur said...

She's really very diligent. I have difficulty in guiding Damien on his Chinese...not that my Chinese is lousy (haha), I just don't know how to start..any tips to share? Hee hee... :P