Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

October 25, 2008

Her Birthday Request

Ethyl's birthday is coming in less than a month's time. It is really a journey that is both joyful and enriching for us. This year, she made her own decisions on what she wants to have and what she wants to do for her own birthday.

Her birthday is going to be a beach party. She wants little of her friends, and requested that I invite my friends instead. She enjoys the attention she gets with all the adults around her.

The weather plays a major role in an outdoor party. We fixed it at Sentosa, however I am having qualms about celebrating there. Will the weather be good for us? How about the food and cake?

Having said that, it is her little request that is not too difficult to give the nod. I need to work out something soon...in case the weather is not at it's best, at least we will not spoil the fun.

As for the cake, I have been trying to find a nice bakery to customise a soccer theme cake for her. Yes, she requested to have a "Ole ole" cake. I managed to persuade her to go with a beach theme instead.

Just yesterday, as I was updating missy on the problems I faced while trying to find a bakery that does quality and creative design for her cake, she blurted, "Mom, why don't you bake me a strawberry shortcake? Your cake is also very nice." I was smiling deep in my heart!

On a side note, she didn't want a celebration in school. She didn't tell me the reason when I asked her though. I thought she would love to have one with her friends in school, thus I also went around looking for a cake that she would love to share with her friends.

However, when her Xiao Yi asked her, she said she didn't want to celebrate in school because we are doing so for her in Sentosa, and that is sufficient. I am appalled by her sensibility! I respect her, thus no celebrations for her in school this year.

Now, can I bake for her? My hands are pretty full with Brayden actually. Maybe I will get Mom to help me with him so that I can fulfill her not-so-difficult request.

She's turning 4yo! How soon time flies!

No comments: