Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 6, 2008

A Day of Birth

Deciding to deliver Brayden on 28 April 2008 is not a decision made by others. It is made with discussion with hubby before even Dr Lui said I have to deliver by my 38th week.

We woke up early and Mom came to bring Ethyl to her place while Hubby and I prepare ourselves to be admitted to the hospital. Remembering almost 3.5 years ago when I was on my way to deliver Ethyl, I was not as nervous. Probably this time it is elective c-sec, that's why I felt my heart beating fast while waiting for Dr Lui to arrive.

The experience is different this time. I had lotsa time waiting and answering questions. The last c-sec was an emergency, thus I was wheeled into the OT almost immediately after they passed me a form to sign. Everything seems to happen within a minute and the next moment, I was out of the OT.

Dr Lui chatted with me while waiting for the anaesthesia to arrive. Told him I was pretty nervous, he asked me to relax and tried telling me some of his "cold" jokes. The moment the anesthesia arrived, everyone was busy and soon, I was knocked out and "dead" to the world.

"Fannie, the operation is a success!"

This is the next thing I heard when I woke up. Dr Lui said, although it is a success, I lost quite a bit of blood because my anterior was low lying and when doing the cut, one of the blood vessel (as thick as his finger) broke and blood was oozing out. He was busy trying to save me and mend the vessel that he quickly dis-engage Brayden and concentrated on me.

"I did not see the baby's sexing because I was busy saving you. You need no blood transfusion as you have been good and took my iron pills. You will be fine..."

I went...DUH...He didn't tell me if baby is healthy! The first thing he told me the last time was baby is healthy. Why not this time?

I was wheeled out, still worrying about my baby. Hubby saw me, he didn't look as excited as the last time, I murmured weakly asking about the baby and he said "Baby's covered with many white discharge like stuff and very fair".

So? How's the baby? He showed me his first pics that Daddy took. Oh...he looks like Ethyl. That was what came to my mind. When baby was brought to me, "Oh, he looks different from the pics taken! He looks like Daddy!" I thought.

Am glad that baby is doing fine. Really got to thank Dr Lui for helping me through the c-sec. I was very weak from the loss of blood. This time, the wound was more painful than before. Dr Lui explained that he did not finish the cutting because I was bleeding profusely. He cut it halfway and "tore" me up instead of cutting.

No matter what, the most important thing is both of us are fine. Told Hubby that I am not going to have a third baby after this. It's just too much to bear as I can no longer try for virginal birth.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its not easy friend but you made it!
Glad that everything went fine for you!
Jia You!

Mama Kat said...

Sound scary.. but most of all, both of u are safe... take care and rest well..

Michelle said...

Ouch! Its so painful. You mean they tear you? Gosh! Very scary.

Are you alright now? Drink more tonic soup to help to re-build the blood that you lost.

Glad that the operation went on fine. Take care and rest well.

Anonymous said...

So glad that you are fine!!

No wonder that day at the hospital you were so sick! Better take care ger! :)

blurblur said...

When i recall both my deliveries, it was equally scary...haha...but when baby is fine and healthy, all the pain is worthwhile! :)

Take very good care, Fannie, and rest well! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats for the birth of Brayden. Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

*gulp* he... tore u up?! sounds scary... and the way he speaks is just so typical of him...

do get plenty of rest and i'm sure your mum will pump you with a lot of good soup! she keep telling me the secret to nice skin for the kids is good soup!

bwee said...

Wow! the tearing up part sounded kinda scary. hope u r ok now. I can understand ur disappointment. I feel the same way too when my gynae told me I will nv be able to birth vaginally due to my narrow pelvis. But he did mention it is common for mothers in ireland go thr multiple c-sections - the record is 8x I think and he has helped many of his patients with more than 2x caesarean. Though I was v disappointed to know I cld nt deliver naturally like many others, I hv since come to terms with it. And u will too! I m still gonna try for no. 3 n 4 though! caesarean or nt, still hv my children! heehee :)

Anonymous said...

Even tho I've similar experience as you (emergency C section & elective C section), i still feel weak when reading your post - can't imagine the tearing part...

Anw, you try to get as much rest as you can, & eat well ok.

Anonymous said...

wow! sounds v scary but thank God both u n brayden r fine! now most impt is, rest well, eat well and just take it easy gal!

Teni

mumbojumbo said...

yikes! tore you up instead of cutting? sounds very painful! how is your stitches healing?

Anonymous said...

oh gosh...thanks god you're fine and delivered a cute baby successfully..

take care.

huisia

Everyday Healy said...

Luckily you made it, fannie! That was close!LOL!

Anyway, the most important thing is... as you said, both are safe. :)

Anonymous said...

just glad everything's all fine now.....