Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 21, 2008

Reflection

Ethyl has been a doting sis to Brayden, I am really glad. However, last night, we witnessed something and was upset...she beat Brayden before bedtime.

I knew she was sleepy and was whining for my attention. Brayden is still unwell and wanted to be nursed, and so, I walked away to attend to Brayden, thinking I will put Both Brayden and Ethyl together so that I can nurse Brayden and at the same time, pat Ethyl to sleep.

Blame me for not conveying my intention to her properly, she actually got so upset and beat Brayden's hand (softly) and looked at him fiercely.

Hubby and I quickly told her she should not have done that and explained to her briefly...I saw the remorse in her eyes, and we stopped reprimanding her for hurting the brother.

After Ethyl dozed off, Hubby and I had a short discussion on this matter. Due to the boy who is still nursing his cough, we have been showing him more attention than before, that could have caused some sort of jealousy in Ethyl.

So far, she has been very loving. This morning, the first thing she woke up, she was looking for Brayden (who was still sleeping), and kissed him, hugged him and sayang him...I love such sight.

Such incident may not be very pleasant, but it is good and makes us reflect on our actions towards the siblings...There are just so many things to take care of with an additional kid.

1 comment:

blurblur said...

Raising two kids is not easy hor...i faced the same problem too...and being an impatient mum, sometimes i just shout at Damien when i see him 'bullying' Didi...i ought to do some self-reflection as well...