Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 17, 2008

Fresh Milk for the Boy Please

This fresh is not that fresh...haha...what am I uttering? Well, seen the pead and he suggested that I feed him fresh ebm (freshly "milked") or best latch him on directly to help him fight off the virus.

Antibodies are actually "killed" when we chill or freeze the ebm. Thus, even when he nurses every hour, I am willing to wake up and direct feed him, so long as it'll help in easing his ails.

Poor boy...I'd rather be the one who is sick...let me bear the pain in his place.

4 comments:

blurblur said...

Hope Brayden gets well real soon...you may try latching him on the lying down position, this way you get to rest too.

Take care!

Anonymous said...

May Brayden gets well soon!
I remembered when Faus was still an infant, she was hospitalised a few times and i stayed in the hospital for that few days and breastfeed her directly whenever she demands.
I must admit that it is really very very tiring for the mommy!
Please do take good care especially you said you got giddy spells after giving birth! Hope you are better now?
God Bless!

MomsyWorld said...

Thanks Eileen, but Bray is not a fantastic nursing child...he gets realy comfy and sleepy whenever I lie down...it is nit easy...I'd rather cradle him and sit upright...in this position, he drink slightly better...

Indeed not easy, Mayling. It is tiring, but for my kid, everything is worthwhile so long as he recovers. Sounds very noble hor...keke...but seriously, seeing him sick is no joke, no matter how old he is.

Anonymous said...

I had a hard time nursing Sniffles in the beginning. Like Brayden, she did not open her mouth wide enough and with my overactive letdown, milk was spurting everywhere, creating a mess every feed. But do not give up. It gets better each time and very soon, Brayden will learn and who knows, he might be a better breastfed baby! Try waking him up by using your fingers to 'walk' along his spine. it works well for Sniffles.