Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 20, 2009

Brayden’s MRI Scan

Today is a bad friday! As Hubby is on reservist, I had to bring little guy to the MRI alone. It was challenging. I never like to see kids being “poked'” and “tortured” in the hands of the nurses and doctors.

20Mar09 001

Us, on our way in the cab.

20Mar09 007

This little boy was given a 2 bedded ward at Mount E. He is quite popular among the nurses as he is always smiley and responsive to them.

20Mar09 012

Changed him into the hospital robe, waiting for him to be brought to the diagnostic centre. Poor boy had fasted for more than 4hrs. He was both tired and hungry.

Next thing that happened was not too pleasant. He was inserted cannula, shortly sedated (he cried badly when he was carried away from me), and was “taped” and strapped on the huge cold machine. I could no longer hold back my tears.

That was a traumatic experience for me to see him lying there motionless, the nurses and anaesthetist taped him and “cushion” him, preparing to do the scan.

I had requested to stay with him, the anaesthetist upon seeing me emotionally unstable,assured me that Brayden will be fine, and ask me to take a walk and be back in 30mins.

The longest 30 minutes ever…How i wished I had Hubby around.

My colleague came and accompany me. I fought back my tears while trying to tell her how my heart bleed when I saw how he was strapped on. She consoled me and accompany me back to the ward when Brayden was done with the scan.

Very soon, little one was alert and smiley. Even the nurses were surprised that he took 2 bottles of milk in less than 2 hours!

20Mar09 015

It was not easy waiting for the report. Then came Dr Tang with his good news! It is even more superficial then the KKH diagnosis! He advised to perform the ops when Bray is over a year old. We are planning it in October.

Surgery must still go on. Albeit it makes me feel much better than before. However, I foresee myself going through another round on emotional swing when he is going for the ops. Which Mommy will not worry even when it is the most slightest thing?

Not to forget all kind friends and relatives who sms-ed me asking about him, and giving me moral support. I really appreciate.

2 comments:

LHS said...

i have just read through all your previous posts, so sorry to hear about Brayden's case.

hope the surgery will go smoothly, mommy take care too.

wtpgRR said...

Hey dear, sorry to hear that u r undergoing such trauma... take care huh... ur bou will be as strong as u :)