Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 28, 2009

Surgery Journal Final Part – Discharge

As I finished writing the last part of the previous post, I had a tough night struggling with Brayden. We skipped paracetemol (painkiller) for 2 feeds as he was not whiney and “complaining”of pain.

He was not able to sleep well.Hews a grouchy boy and was quite a handful. I tried my very best to and settle him,coax him and calm him, and was totally drained out pretty soon. He woke up every 2 hours and started to feel uncomfy. He was feverish halfway through the night and I worried about it. Quickly buzzed the nurses and had them to take a look at son. He was given paracetemol and very soon, he dozed off after his milk.

So I thought I could rest, little did I know, 15 mins after I dozed off, the nurse came with his antibiotics that needs to be transmitted via IV. This will take about 30mins. No more rest for me.

Little guy was feeling some pain from the transmission, was whiney and grouchy AGAIN! I had a hard time tussling with him, buzzed the nurse again and asked for help.

The nurse slowed down the flow, and very soon, everything was calm and peaceful for me. Though little boy was not sleeping, he was calmer and at least I need not wrestle with him anymore.

It was meant to be 30 minutes, but after the “adjustment”, it took 45 minutes. After settling little guy, it was almost 6am. I was dead tired!

Quickly took a nap and hoping that Brayden will wake up only 8ish. Sigh…he woke up before 7am! I had to carry him, walk around,prepare him to bathe and I was like a zombie! Absolutely drained out from the tough night.

My only saviour will be Mom, who planned to visit with Dad in the morning.

Dr Ng came and said Brayden boy was healing well and looked alert to him. He thinks he is fine, but needs Dr Tang to review him.

Dr Tang came 2 hrs later.

He saw a cranky, grouchy boy and asked me if I want to go back home, so that I can rest and have some help caring for the boy. I did not agree immediately.

“Is Brayden fit enough to be home resting instead of being in the hospital?”

He assured me he is, if anything, give him a call on his mobile. I agreed immediately and quickly called mom and Hubby informing them. I really need a good rest!

Brayden was still cranky last night. He gave both Hubby and myself a hard night! We had to catch our wink in the morning with Mom and Dad’s help with him. Really challenging!

His histology is still not back, probably we will receive next week. TO us, sleep is a luxury…at least for now!

No comments: