Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 30, 2009

Mommy's Homework

This homework I have started yesterday is to read up on activities that can better engage the siblings in, motivating and creating a better learning and bonding environment for the kids.

Ethyl's new school is confirmed, she is both sad and excited about the new start. Sad to leave the school she has been with since she was 22mo, excited because she will have some outdoor activities in the new school as it comes with a big football field.

Since I have enrolled her in half day morning session, I have also drawn up a timetable for her to adhere to for her learning and playtime. This is not a rigid time table, we can make adjustments as we move on. I just want her to better utilise her time and learning to plan her days inadvance and not to waste too much of her precious time.

In out timetable, I slotted in "Family Communications Time" during weekdays. This is a one hour slot (for the time being). I have slotted this slot after dinner, before bedtime. This is the time where we will switch off all forms of programs, will sit around with the kids and chat about the day's happenings or just have some fun together. Probably I we will play Wii together for one or two days!

Since I have a year and a half more to go before Ethyl goes into P1 after we have shifted, I have more or less decided which primary school she will go to. In the Pasir Ris vicinity, Pasir Ris Primary is a better neighbourhood school. I will not go be a volunteer as I really can't stretch my time, we'll take things in our stride. Though I would also love to see her go into Poi Ching (in Tampines), but we are too far from that school.

If my girl is gifted to go into better school, she will in the end. I do not want to push her too much. With her being so enthusiastic about learning, I just hope that we can nurture her the way she ought to be.

Besides for the kids, I am planning to take up a course. This time, I really have to think twice as the commitment is for quite long and I am not sure if I can manage. I have not spoken to Hubby about my intention, but I foresee that he will say things that doesn't please my ears.

Little boy will be going to school next year too! I am sure he will enjoy as much as Ethyl does!

2 comments:

LZmommy said...

Wow Fannie, you are planning it so well :)

You must have been very busy, with Bray and the house reno. Hope everything is fine and Brayden is doing very well. Take care ya :)

jean said...

WOw! Ya I agreed. Fannie, you have really planned so well and it is really fast to read that Ethyl is going to P1 in 1 and half years time... Grace will definitely miss playing with Ethyl when you all move to the east. BUt it is a good move to be nearer to Brian so that you all can have more family time..

Take care too.