Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 5, 2009

Gloomy

As I was happily immersing myself in the attention that both Brayden and Ethyl gave me, lighting struck!

Brayden has this bump at the back of his head since birth and all along, I felt at ease because 2 paeds and the Dr from polyclinic all assures me it is ok. During CNY, I noticed that this bump doubled in size and looks red and swollen.

This week, the same thing happened again...I told myself I shall not delay. We rushed to KKH for a diagnosis. Dr said that is called posterior occipital lymphadenitis. It is the lymph node that was swollen.

Brayden was given a course of Augmentin, and his review is on next Monday by a paeds surgeon.

I am praying hard that no surgery is required to remove that lymph node, and that it is really harmless in his case. I'll be relieved if the swelling is caused by a local infection.

4 comments:

blurblur said...

*hugs* I hope it's nothing serious too...will pray for little Brayden...keep us posted ya.

Anonymous said...

*Hugs* Hope everything will be fine...

Anonymous said...

Hope everything will be fine... Get well soon Brayden!
Cheer up Fannie!
*Hugs*

Anonymous said...

Do keep us updated. does Bray feels any pain on the swollen lymph? Hope that he is all right.