Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

July 1, 2008

Cruising the Days

The weekend passed too quickly. What have we done?


Went to Ethyl's school on saturday for her mid year progress report. Teachers gave positive feedbacks on Ethyl. Almost all the teachers I met said she had improved leaps and bounds (I realise that too. Especially so for her writing skills.


Her writing on her easel...she can spell her name


Teachers commented that Ethyl is very observant when she is being taught of new things/concept, and would also be able to carry out instructions and disciplined in class. She would raise her hands when told to answer questions, if her mates were to answer without raising hands, or when teacher had not ask anyone to answer, she'd be upset and reprimand her friend for not following instructions properly.


Her phonics is one pf her forte. She is able to sound 4 letter words with or without help. Teacher R commented that she has got very strong language skills...hmm...I actually have plans to start her on a third language, but fear giving her too much stress. We'll see how.


Her chinese teacher has all good comments. Her chinese language improved tremendously over the past few months. She can recognise more than 20 chinese words already. *beaming* Her ability to speak mandarin in proper sentences impressed the teacher. All I can say, she is effectively bilingual. Oh yes, she can write some chinese words very nicely (neither the school nor I started to teach her writing in chinese. I only showed her the strokes)...I'll try to take some pics and post them if possible.


We spent a good 40 minutes in the school.


Next, we went to the library. A favourite place of Ethyl's that we have not been going for the past weeks months. Ethyl borrowed 2 books, I borrowed too! We are planning to go back this weekend again!


We finished off the evening with a shopping trip to Vivo City...it's always awesome to tow 2 kiddos out and get some glares from the shoppers...I am always proud of my two little ones.


Sunday, Hubby's supposed to go and work on his off day. He couldn't get up on time because he was too drained out! Haha...we earned ourselves a family day! YIPPEE!!!


hmm...suddenly forgotten what we did! Oh, we spent the day simply. Went out only at 3ish to AMK Hub. Our first time there...and I didn't like the design of the carpark.


Went shopping around and settled for an early dinner at New York New York. Enjoyed my root beer float...yum...


Oh, there is a nursing on the 3rd floor as well, cosy and clean, albeit there is no hot and cold water dispenser. I had to warm up my ebm at NY instead.


And a little bit on little guy...2 weeks ago, he bagun to smile alot. He is beginning to coo and interact with us! Everyone loves his smile especially the jiejie.

I love him alot too! In fact, having boy is not as boring as I thought...just that his wardrobe is not as interesting as the big sis'. But there are plenty of shoes I can buy for him!

2 comments:

LZmommy said...

Her writing is very neat. Fannie, you did a great job in teaching Ethyl :)

Recently the paper just mentioned about kids learning 3rd language. You may want to read it :)

blurblur said...

Ethyl seem so grown up in the picture...hee, usually with the arrival of a younger sibling, the elder one suddenly grow up... :)