Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

July 14, 2008

Training Mini Boss

Sleeping through the night

Yes, we made an effort to train him because Ethyl slept through at 6 weeks old. This little man wakes up every 1 and a half hour, if we were lucky, 2 and half is the longest he'd sleep.

The decision to train hm 2 weeks ago crossed my mind...

How did I do it? Well, when he starts to whimper and wag his arms in the air, I would carry him to me, hug him to sleep. Somehow he does goes back to slumberland. So, I used the same method for about 3 nights, it worked. Initially he'd wake up twice, and since 4 nights ago, he only woke up ONCE! Quite a milestone for my little chap. Great job!

He is waking up later and later as the day goes. Initially he'd wake up at 2ish to 3, now he wakes up at almost 5am! No complains, as we get to sleep longer and woke up only once to pump, while hubby feeds him.

Potty Business

It never fails to send a grin on my face when I thought of this. He does signal when he needs his business done.

Nowadays, his diapers can last him through the night because he does not poop in it!

In the mornings, he'd wait till Mom comes over and put him on the potty. He'd pee and poo at the same instance. I am so proud of him for being such a clean baby!

Hopefully he can be off diapers faster than Ethyl...that would save us big dollars man!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

wow.. Great Job Brayden..

Seeing you enjoy so much of ur kiddos, it makes me think of having a child on my own soon too.

blurblur said...

Well done! Bray!

I'm still trying to train botak to sleep thru, but this little guy still insist on waking up at least once in the night...sigh...

LZmommy said...

Well done Braydon! I'm getting lots of tips from you! Hehehe... Thanks for sharing :) I never know that I can start toilet training baby. I shall try that when my #3 is out.

Jan Lee said...

wakes up every 2 hours?!?!?! must have been hard on you lor!

so, it has been proven that he likes your method of cuddling him to sleep, probably makes him feel secure!

the earlier you can toilet train him, the better it will be for your pocket. I always felt that the money spent on diapers could have been put to other better use.