Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

July 25, 2008

She Asked a Question That Bothers Me...

While we were waiting for her school bus at the lobby just now, sweetie popped a questioned that bothers me...this is also a question that I have "prepared" myself, as I forsee she'll ask this one fine day.

"Mommy, why Daddy always work? My friends' Daddy work, but when they never go to school, the Daddy bring them out and play, how come my Daddy always work huh, Mommy...tell me..."

Indeed, to Ethyl, Hubby is always working. Weekdays, weekends and public holidays...

I also wish he could have more time with us, especially the kids as Daddy tends to do different things from Mommy. On weekends that he had to work, we'll try to maximise his "usable" time to visit my ILs, or go out with the kids for a walk etc. All these are always done in a haste as by the time we were ready to go out, it'd already be dinner time.

He hope to be able to do more for the kids, but the nature of his work simply doesn't allow that.

It is also a routine for me to remind him to visit his folks. It is not that he forgot, but he simply doesn't know if he should spend the available time with us, or with them. So, to avoid any misunderstandings, I'd always suggest we visit the folks, unless I felt I need some family time together with any disturbance from anyone.

When we visit ILs, our stay would be short. As he has to work the next morning, and driving long distance, I feel that he ought to rest more. MIL always asks why are we going home so early. I'd always fill her in that her son has to work early the next day, and that he needs rest so as to avoid any misunderstandings from arising.

For me, I grab the chance to fill him in on the kids' developments when I woke up in the wee hours to pump milk, and he, to feed Brayden. I let him play and interact with the kids when he is back at home from work. We also chat over the phone, he'd ask about the kids' and myself...

For me, I just hope that he can really have more time for himself, for the kids and for me. Even our september retreat is uncertain as he is not sure if he could be "freed" on that weekend he's supposed to be off, and we are to celebrate our 10th anniversary.

sigh...this is life...and it's seems so bleak.

3 comments:

LHS said...

yeah,that's life,what to do. sometimes just so pity the kids..

Anonymous said...

Cheer Up Fannie... That's life! We have to cherish each & every moment we have with our love one no matter how short the time we spent together is... Take care!

Anonymous said...

It must be tough for you and the kids. Alvin always works late during weekdays. Sometimes I really hope he can come home earlier...but at least he's free on weekends and we would plan for some outings.