Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

July 9, 2008

Estimation Goes Under

I have witnessed how some parents stressed out the kids by giving too much enrichment activities because they feel that the kids should go for so that they won't fall back. I kept reminding myself not to fall under this category...Yes, the reminders work. Till now, I am not a kiasu Mommy who signs up any other courses for my gal.

Now, I am going to sign her up in Act 3. Most likely when I started working. Her swimming sessions are coming up when she turns 4yo. Art sessions as well...and she wants to learn music and dancing too! She is the one who requested to go for the courses, the ideas only sits in my mind.

She proved me wrong when I thought all these are too much for her. When we teach her new things, she grasps the concept very fast. Be it reading, writing, or drawing.

I believe they foundation is built for her. I will introduce those activities to her gradually...had all in plan, just execution needed.

Ethyl has the privilege of our 100 and one percent attention. Hubby jolted me out of my dreams lately...I have never planned anything for Brayden. Yeah, he his so young...what to plan?

I am guilty for not playing my part well to him. He didn't had much pre-natal teachings, even listening to classicals is a hassle to me then. I didn;t really read him stories, I kill 2 birds because I thought reading to Ethyl is as good as reading to him. Makes me feel less guilty this way.

Now, I am gonna pull up my socks. I am going to look for flash cards (again!). Ethyl's cards are everywhere..and her cards are hers! I am gonna teach Bray mathematics when he turns 3 mo and is able to sit with aid.

I believe Bray can do as well. He is able to understand emotions at this stage. When I scold him, he cries. When I praise him, he smiles...He calls (coos) out for you when he felt neglected and ignored. He is just so cute!

If you ask me...most of the coaching at home is done by me. I am just ONE person, how much can I do? I need 48 hrs to accomplish all tasks including sleeping!!! Argh...I miss lazing and nuah-ing on the bed!!

No comments: